Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I Got Worry


Hey guys. The Babymetal shows at Reading and Leeds are coming up this weekend. These festival shows always get my stomach in knots.

Why? you ask...

Because bottling, that's why. It seriously keeps me up nights as the weekend grows closer.



Reading Festival 2006
 

I know there will be no problems at their solo shows, but especially given the polarization they have caused in the metal community, I don't think I'm being overly paranoid here. 

I take some solace in the fact that if someone were to throw something at the stage, they would be descended upon like starving jackals and pounded into submission by all the fukei and Babymetalheads there to support them, but the damage may have already been done by that point.

I can't remember exactly where I read this (because drinking/age/internet/etc. have ruined my memory), but during their performance at the Golden Gods, some woman threw an empty beer cup at Yui. Luckily, it was empty and so impossible to aim or control, and it missed her by a wide margin. One of the fans turned on the woman and gave her a GTFO or else ultimatum, and the woman left with no further incident. 

So I guess I'll be holding my breath until Monday. LITERALLY.

May Kitsune-sama being watching over and protecting our girls throughout their tour!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I saw the video where they were performing The Road To Resistance and I saw a bottle fly and I got really mad. They may kick her out but I am worried that it would make 最愛、すず香、and 由結 sad because of the haters. Guess we will have to pray nothing happens to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to always win the crowd over, so I'm hopeful nothing bad will happen. But I'll still be very anxious until the weekend's over.

      Delete